The European Marine Biological Resource Centre is a European distributed Research Infrastructure designed to further fundamental and applied marine biology and ecology research, based in renowned marine biological stations and institutes across Europe and associated European Union countries. By providing access to state-of-the-art national facilities, EMBRC-ERIC provides the necessary and relevant services, facilities and technology platforms to study marine organisms and ecosystems. EMBRC-ERIC helps to promote the development of blue biotechnologies by supporting fundamental and applied research activities in medicine, nutrition, aquaculture, natural products, and fisheries, among others.
Spain is one of the 9 members of the EMBRC-ERIC (BE, IT, IL, PT, UK, NO, FR, ES, GR) and is represented in the infrastructure by the Plentzia Marine Station (PiE-UPV/EHU, located in Plentzia, Basque Country) and Toralla Marine Science Station (ECIMAT-UVIGO, located in Vigo, Galicia).
Based in Toralla Marine Science Station (University of Vigo), the liaison officer will be the contact point towards the users of the Spanish National node, will coordinate relevant activities of the national operation, will represent EMBRC-ES in relevant infrastructure activities, and will actively participate in infrastructure projects, development activities, working groups and any other initiative of interest.
The liaison officer will be responsible for:
- Obtaining ground operational knowledge of the service provision portfolio in EMBRC-Spain.
- The financial, technical and administrative day-to-day management of the EMBRC-ES Node, in collaboration with the Node Director and EMBRC-ES operators.
- The participation, in coordination with the node director; in any of the activities included in the contribution of Spain to the EMBRC.
- Becoming the main external contact point of the Spanish National Node of the EMBRC, notably towards the external users of the infrastructure, actively engaging in node business development.
- Participating in Node Coordination and specially on the Spanish contribution to the RI´s communication strategy.
- Searching for opportunities to further develop the European Marine Biological Resource Centre and specially its Spanish National node.
Job offer information
- Researcher Profile: Established Researcher (R3)
- Research Field: Biological sciences
- Type of contract: Temporary
- Job status: Full time
- Hours per week: 37,5
- Offer starting date: 26/04/2019
The selected candidate will join an informal, young and proactive team where collaboration, flexibility and customer orientation are the main values. Based in Toralla Marine Science station, under the direct responsibility of the Station´s Technical Director and in coordination with the EMBRC-ES Node Director, the position will have a high degree of independence and will require circa 60 days of travel per year. Gross salary 36.000 eur/year.
- Required languages
- English: excellent
- French: excellent
- Experience in the management of Multinational collaborative initiatives, and specially research infrastructures
- Experience in the management of multipartner international projects
- Excellent communication skills; fluent English and French speaker
- Good knowledge of the EU research funding schemes
- Good knowledge of EU, maritime and RI policy
- A background and/or experience in Marine Biology will be an asset
Applicants are invited to send in their application documents (cover letter, CV, contact details, contact details of two referees) to email@example.com indicating in the e-mail subject the reference: EMBRC-ES-LO Position.
Application deadline: 25/03/2019 12:00 – Europe/Brussels
The selection procedure will go through a 2-step process with a CV & Cover letter evaluation producing a (max) 5 candidate shortlist. The candidates in this shortlist will be invited to an interview. The results of the evaluation process will be communicated to all candidates.
More information about this job offer at the EURAXESS web